[Jacob-list] Re: Showing Jacobs

melody melody at empnet.com
Mon Aug 27 11:51:50 EDT 2001

Reading the discussions on Jacobs at shows and fairs, I think we must be
fortunate here-- our county fairs in Central OR have a good representation
of Jacobs and their wool, and it isn't a matter of one or two Jacobs showing
against dozens of sheep of other breeds.  The Black Sheep Gathering in
Eugene and Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival in Canby  have also had large
Jacob classes when I have attended.  I haven't seen any 4-H'ers showing
Jacobs, though; they seem to be in open class only. While I don't show, I do
enjoy watching the judging and seeing 10 or 12 Jacob rams or ewes being
lined up and hearing the judges comments, and then being able to go to the
pens and look more closely at the animals, has helped me a lot in evaluating
my own flock.  Always learning--and enjoying it!
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR