[Jacob-list] Barn Fire

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 3 09:19:56 EDT 2001

Ed & Thom,
We bought our first Jacob wether from Fieldwood Farm in June of 1984
after we feel in love with the breed at the Md. Sheep & Wool festival
that May.
In the late summer of 1984 we did a fact finding trip to Jacque
Lasseau's and Maize's Hescock to see their flocks and learn about the
breed.
Jacque's new barn was just finished and Wayne had the grand tour.  This
was the barn he rebuilt after the first fire which probably was in 1983.

He had a second arson fire only a short time after that.
Very tragic.
Hope this helps.
Edie & Wayne Van Valkenburg, Joy Farm