[Jacob-list] Lesseau fire

Edd Bissell bissell at usit.net
Wed Aug 1 19:29:46 EDT 2001

Luther says he will look up some of the sheep registration papers and try
to figure it out for you.  He told the Lesseau story - he went to see his
sheep - and this was maybe around 87=88 -  probably around the Centerville,
Mi meeting year or maybe within a year after - he says they were the nicest
sheep he had ever seen.  Lesseau agreed to sell his flock to Luther - he
thinks around 35 sheep - Lesseau had gone from Nestor [??? -  a Rynolds
ram] to a Fieldwood ram - lost leg color, etc.  So Luther went to the bank,
made a load and went for the sheep - L changed his mind - Luther ended up
with 8 [???] ewes - and I got two of them.  Then just a little while later
the barn burned - he ended up with two burned ewes [one had triplets and
the other one was failed because of dark coloration]  and 3 rams that were
out in the field during the fire.  He said Lesseau had kept the nicest ewe
he had seen at that time - a very dark, nice wool, and HUGE horns - she
burned in the fire.

so the time frame was probably 14 years ago - just guessing if that helps.

Also - had a call from Lewisburg, Tn today - this man had a flock of 36
Jacobs - has had them for 13 years - wants to sell the whole flock.  He
says the ram have horns about 27"  - if someone is in that area might be
worth a drive over - if interested let me know - I have his phone number.

Edd Bissell
New Market, Tn.
www.eddbissell.com