[Jacob-list] The grass is always greener...or not?

SharHill at aol.com SharHill at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 19:23:20 EDT 2001

Something I thought fairly amusing happened the other day when I was putting
up a new fence to section off a part of the barnyard.  None of the sheep were
in sight, so I opened the gate that separates the barnyard from the house and
the sizeable yard there.    I drove the truck through and parked it where I
needed it, then looked up to see my 5 ewes scurrying out of the gate, heads
down and sneaky looking.  They began to greedily snatch mouthfuls of
delicious lawn grass and trotted around the house to the front yard.  I was
about to run after them, when I remembered I don't have to worry anymore
because I recently installed a gate across the driveway and they can't go
anywhere.  They always sort of try to get out of the barnyard to get at the
grass on the other side of fence, so I just let them have at it.  I worked on
the fence a while, but within 30 minutes, I was surprised to see all 5 ewes
return to the barn on their own.  I guess that grass on the other side wasn't
all it was cracked up to be.

Sharon