[Jacob-list] striped horns

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Sun Apr 29 08:51:34 EDT 2001

    "Aren't striped and white horns considered a negative by some purists?"

    Mark -

     I think that all white horns in an adult (unless very faded with age) would be considered stong evidence of cross-breeding by purist and non-purist alike, as this is exactly the type of horn produced in Dorsets & some Dorset crosses.  I've never heard of Stripes being a problem anywhere, though.....If Mary Ellen is around on the list, she's been entering DOZENS (if not hundreds) of animals in the Jacob Research project and I think she's got quite a few striped-horned animals in there with "impeccable" (ahem...) lineages...

    thom