[Jacob-list] striped horns

dave & katrina oberlef at desupernet.net
Sun Apr 29 09:15:56 EDT 2001

I have also read (and it seems to follow our experience) that when striped horns break, they more often break in half, while black horns break at the base with the outer shell breaking off more often leaving part of a bloody horn core. (Would hate to see this on a mature ram.) I have seen a mature black horn break in half though.  Is this geenerally what happens?  Peter, thought your description of the horns spots was interesting. Katrina Lefever, Chicory Lane