[Jacob-list] Latest note from Lenice Bell,

George L.Benedict benedict at snet.net
Thu Apr 12 11:36:31 EDT 2001

Below is the latest note from Lenice Bell at Cauldronlea Farm. Please do what you can to help and pass this email along to others that may support the cause. Her latest letter to the authorites is sent to you separately.
Regards
George Benedict

I am now in the 3km cull good and proper. Today I gave an
interview to the BBC Landward farming programme and it goes out on Sunday.
Here attached are the letters I have sent to the Head of the Cull section at
Dumfries and Galloway Bunker, Mr C Milne his address is now in Dumfries and
the fax no is 01387 265467. Please send supporting letter (if you can) about
my plan DO NOT mention semen/embryos and vaccination it is NOT an option. Do
not be emotional. we have to show an undivided opinion of support for the
cull in this area and so hopefully the saving of the rare breeds and
pedigree gene pools. Also copy in a Mr Robertson, Cull Section same fax no I
have been told i WILL be culled keep to the facts of the letter we are
trying to save a unique gene pool that will be lost forever
Please also send copies to Mr David Mundell MSP at
david.mundell.msp at scottish.parliament.uk
elaine.murray.msp@  ditto
ross.finnie.msp@     ditto
enquiries at rosgen.co.uk FAO Dr Woolliams asking him for his support he
invented Dolly the sheep and has views on bloodlines and gene pools.
ditto support letter to b.hosie at ed.sac.ac.uk he was one of the vets to
invent the scrapie test and I was his first R1 result! Thanks alot and lets
hope it works, please god.
I've had 4 hours sleep in the past 48, 21 ewes lambed yesterday and another
16 last night!!! Only lost one lamb so far, its like they know and are all
trying really hard to be good. Love Lenice.