[Jacob-list] Sheep & Goats

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at jnlk.com
Tue Sep 5 08:28:33 EDT 2000

We concur with Ed Bissell.  We have successfully run both dairy goats
and then Angora goats with our Jacob and handspinning flock with out any
trouble.  We separated them when the goat herd became larger and needed
their own quarters.  Primarily because the Angoras did shed some of
their fiber and I did not want the fleeces contaminated.  Black
Corriedale does not look good with white mohair strands in it.  Just do
not run the bucks in with the flock as they will mess up your heat
cycles with the sheep. They will breed but will abort before the next
cycle.  They cannot hold a fetus from the goats.
Our dairy goats were Alpine and Saanens and were not that pushy.  I
believe that Nubians are more aggressive.
Edie, Joy Farm, N.J.