[Jacob-list] Ad: Jacob sheep for sale in Oregon

Magic Moon Farm magicmoon at harborside.com
Mon Oct 2 16:22:59 EDT 2000

Hi Listers,

    Well fall has fallen here on the coast and the sheep are frisky!
We have sooo much fence work to get done and the flock is about to
grow again soon. We are having to decide on rams and thin down the
boy crop below the current 5, yes FIVE rams we have not been able to
part with until we had a chance to breed them at least once. So...
This is all leading up to an ad to sell a few of our beloved sheep.
Here is what we have to go to loving homes who "need a few good men,
and a girlie or 2 (:
Linda

paste-
Available fall 2000    Discounts on 2+ sheep purchases!
take our sheep... please (:

*RAMS*

Sage - Sage is a 2 year old, 4 horn with an outstanding fleece and
bloodline. He is about 90% white, has partially fused horns on 1 side.
His sire Culley, a Rocky¹s Rogue son who is known for wonderful
LONG fleeces. His mother produces the best fleeces on our farm.
His dam is Canaan Farm Jasmine, my favorite ewe. He was twin
to Saffron who has the longest fleece I¹ve ever seen on a Jacob sheep!
He has a nice soft fine fleece and would bring some much desired white
to your darker ewes lambs.
Price $150

Ed - Ed is a yearling 5 horn ram with beautiful conformation
and a great soft, even 60/40 fleece. His horns ARE seperate
and fairly well balanced for a 5 horn. He is gentle and has
lots of presence! His mother¹s side is known for their long
staple lambs, and lambs with good size, body and structure.
Sire: Storybrook Don
Dam: Magic Moon Shannon
Price $195

*EWES*
Breeding stock
Shannon - 3 year old ewe, 4 horns fused 1 side, balanced,
excellent conformation and body type, and presence and a
medium crimpy fleece.  Her line¹s size and structure is
good for improving small or ³not so straightness² in your
lambs!
Sire: Canberra Jack
Dam: Canaan Farm Jasmine
Price $175

Pet quality, fiber ewes for handspinners
(We find good homes for all our sheep we don¹t keep.
We eat NOTHING with a face)

Edna - Yearling ewe, b4 horns are scurs, excellent VERY soft
LILAC fleece from a bloodline of fine, SOFT fleeces. NOT a ewe
for breeding or registration, she is a fiber ewe only due to her scurs
which are registerable with the JSBA but not a desirable trait to pass
on. She is pet quality and she loves kids!  Price $50

Callee - Edna¹s twin,  2 horn scurs, nice medium fleece (b&w),
a fiber ewe only due to her scurs which are registerable with the
JSBA but not a desirable trait to pass on. She is pet quality, very
tame. Price $40