[Jacob-list] oops! banding ages on wethers-to-be

shepherd iseespots at email.msn.com
Thu May 18 15:27:45 EDT 2000

Linda and all,

I tend to feel like a real idiot, but most of the time I can't be absolutely
certain I have both testicles down below the band until the ram lamb is 4-6
weeks of age.  I try to select the coolest time to do it as they seem to do
almost no reactions when it is cooler.  I would be very cautious of banding
anything in the warmth we are experiencing (since February flies galore at
my place, so NOTHING has been banded or docked this year).  Fly spray every
couple days should do the tgrick, though.

MEH
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, Shetland Sheep,
and German Angora Rabbits, colored German Angora crosses.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.