[Jacob-list] Downed Sheep

athome mom athomemom36 at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 22:54:56 EDT 2000

Hello fellow sheepers,

It seems I have lost my prize ewe to an injury. She was misbehaving,
she butted a little sick lamb and my husband stomped at her and
she ran right into a gate post. At first we thought it was just a
shoulder injury, so did the vet, but it seems that it was a spinal
chord injury. She hasn't gotten up since the accident. I have the
grim task of taking her to the vet in the morning to be put to sleep,
then on to the diagnostic lab for an autopsy. This just totally
breaks my heart. I paid a pretty penny for this  ewe and she just
gave me the most perfect little twins. I'm anxious to see what the
autopsy will reveal.

So, I'm in the market for another breeding ewe. I'm in the mtns of
N.C., if anyone has anything close by please let me know.

Have a great day,

Tina Bowman
Azalea Farms