[Jacob-list] academic ideas

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Wed May 17 19:16:32 EDT 2000

Okay friends, some news -

I was recently appointed the coordinator of a new Agricultural Business program at our Community College (I'm in the Connecticut River Valley in New England, but this may be of interest to all of you).  I am being asked to develop curriculum suitable for people currently farming or involved in agriculture (largely small-scale stuff).

Being a shepherd, I naturally began thinking about some of the courses offerred in the midwest (kind of a how-to, 12 weeks of sheep basics kind of things.  Maybe even health and vet-tech type of courses).  I also thought about tax accounting, which is a bane to many farmer-folk.

Anyway, do any of YOU have any ideas?  I must build this program from the ground up.  It is to be geared toward farmers, NOT full-time students.

Also, I have a choice of offerring day classes, evening classes, weekend classes, video classes, and correspondance classes.  Anything here grab any of you?

thanks for your input .  .

thom