[Jacob-list] roman nose vs ugly old ram nose

wolfpen wolfpen at alltel.net
Tue May 9 19:31:40 EDT 2000

Could someone post some pictures to illustrate the difference between a
congenital roman nose and the ugly old ram nose that some older rams get as
they mature?  I have a couple of  Nubian goats and I tend a herd for a
friend every so often. They are obviously roman nosed from birth - no
question about it.  My ram (who I've known since he was two days old) always
had a nice (as opposed to roman nosed) profile until this year.  I can feel
and see the scar tissue and I know he wasn't born with this profile.  Isn't
a roman nose apparent very early in life?  I know it is with Nubians and I
know it is with horses.