[Jacob-list] re: grain for sheep

SharHill at aol.com SharHill at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 09:41:28 EDT 2000

Just to change the subject from chickens, I was wondering if feeding some
grain to the sheep even in the summer when plenty of grass is available makes
them healthier and does it improve the quality of their fleece?  I am raising
sheep for handspinning, mainly, so I want their fleece to be in as good shape
as possible.  I give them a little grain every day and they always act as if
they are starving to death even though there is grass every where and they
have enough padding on their bones.

Thanks,
Sharon