[Jacob-list] Sale

shepherd iseespots at email.msn.com
Tue Jun 13 07:13:32 EDT 2000

Thanks Dan for the update on your sheep sales and meetings with listers.

One gentleman on this list was SO funny (and I am sure I was to him as well)
when we met.  I think he probably was expecting something related to me
flying in on a broomstick in full black cape and tall pointy hat and a long
crooked nose.  Anyway---he looked different than I expected as well.

I am getting all the papers together for the trip to the JSBA's AGM in NY.
This is going to be a wonderful little jaunt for me and the boys as we will
head out on Tuesday morning for NH to deliver a ewe to Thom, then over to VT
to deliver a number of Shetlands and pick up a rabbit or two, and then on to
the Baseball Hall of Fame and down to the AGM.  From there, we will jaunt
back up to Syracuse and meet up with some Canadian rabbit people at a NY
rabbit person's place and then go on to meet another NY person down on the
southern tier before heading back home.  I am also planning to come home
with 2 Canadian rabbits and a couple rams from the upper midwest.  All this
packed in with a 7 and 9 year old pair of sons, a presentation on initial
work with the Jacob Research Project (219 sheep in the database to date!!!!)
and a hands-on session in measuring and what is involved in filling in ALL
the answers on the forms (not a requirement for participation in the study).

THEN, I will get home to catch my breath before taking the much larger jaunt
to see Linda B's flock, on to the Horak's flock in TX, and then probably up
to Bill Jones', out to CO and back to MO before coming home----not much on
the agenda here as well.

You just can't do better than see as many flocks of sheep as possible and
meet as many different shepherds.  If other listers have the opportunity,
please go for it!  The experiences gained will be invaluable.

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, Shetland Sheep,
and German Angora Rabbits, colored German Angora crosses.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.