[Jacob-list] flies

cagco at penn.com cagco at penn.com
Thu Jun 8 10:30:00 EDT 2000

Although they can be a pain because they tend to lay eggs anywhere (including
the garden, the porch and under car tires), guinea fowl prefer ticks to just
about any other form of insect.  As a result, they are wonderful at tick
control.  Plus, there is a "watchdog" benefit:  whenever someone drives up the
lane, they cry "buckwheat! buckwheat!".  So far, nobody has ever been able to
sneak up on us.

Cliff Grunstra
Wycliffe Estate Farms