[Jacob-list] software programs

D&K OBERLEF oberlef at desupernet.net
Tue Jul 18 10:50:50 EDT 2000

I have recently came across a software program called iBreed Pedigree and Livestock System which looks very helpful for documenting info on breeding programs and making pedigrees for our flock.  At this point it is capable of printing out a five generation document, but the makers are considering making it capable for more since many breeders voiced interest.

Originally designed for breeding rabbits, the makers have created it to be fairly simple and adaptable for many other types of animals. The makers are located in London and the program costs $75 (US dollars) for the basic, $90 for the addition of their genetics software.  From off the Internet, a free trial software can be downloaded allowing you to document 50 animals (each new animal on a pedigree is considered one so it adds up fast).  It can be found at www.ibreed.ukgateway.net/download.htm

I am considering buying this program, but wanted to check if other people have come across other programs they like.  Any other suggestions?

Katrina Lefever, Hanover PA.