[Jacob-list] Rare Breed Expo

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Mon Jul 17 20:22:16 EDT 2000

Hello, Jacob-Friends...I mentioned this last year, and some of you were interested in details, so here we go:

New England heritage Breeds Conservancy
Exhibition & Sale of Livestock
Hancock Shaker Village
Hancock, Massachusetts (nr. the NYS line)
Saturday & Sunday September 23-24

Tel: 413-698-2044
Fax: 413-698-3401
Web: www.nehbc.org
email:  contact at nehbc.org

Here's the deal:  Last year, THEY paid US to bring our animals.  It is a rare breeds exhibition, open to the public, at a local historic shaker village.  Animals are in the barn or in tents outside.  You are allowed, and in fact encouraged, to use this as an opportunity to sell your animals & promote your Breed!  (Could even be used as a forum for some folks to switch rams for next season, hmmm?) Camping available free on-site.

Anyway, there's the info.

Oh, and the entertainment.  Anyone remember the song, "wake up to the make-up, that's all we do, first you love me, then you hate me, it's a game for fools...?"

My four year old was recently caught singing a new version:  "Wake up, with a Jacob, that's all we do..."

thom