[Jacob-list] Adaptability/Climate

iseespots iseespots at email.msn.com
Tue Dec 12 06:55:48 EST 2000

Hi all,

I see the similar sort of behavior as related to the first warmed-up 65-70
degree days in February here in NC.  The ewes are absolutely devoid of
energy during the day and behave as if they are hotter than in the midst of
the 95 degree temperatures of the summer.

Most of the sheep got separated yesterday.

My Shetland days are past and I can concentrate on my real love again
without having to worry about neighbors calling regarding wandering lambs.
I haven't seen the whole flock of Shetlands together in one group for such a
time, and they were quite the impressive bunch as they joined their new
home.

I still have 4 pens with 5 rams in them----OH JOY!  Time will fix this
little issue as there is no earthly reason for 5 rams for about 13-14 ewes
going into lambing season.  Anybody in desperate desire for some variety in
genetics on either a 4-horned or 2-horned ram can e-mail me.

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, and German Angora Rabbits,
colored German Angora crosses and a few French.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.