[Jacob-list] Modern Jacobs

linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Fri Dec 8 10:07:46 EST 2000

Thom,

Isn't that statement a little too generalized?  I'm aware of the turkeys that were developed
with such large breasts that the toms are unable to mount the hens to mate, but they are a
super specialized strain and not what you'll normally find on small farms.  I would bet there
are a few people on this list with turkeys that can and do breed.  And there certainly seem to
a large number of wild turkeys around.
Saying that standardized horse breeds break their ankles too easily is an unfounded statement
and I'm sure you would find another bunch of people on this list raising registered (ie,
standardized) horses with strong ankles.

Linda

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000 07:47:56 -0500, Thomas Simmons wrote:

>Standarized horse breeds look lovely and run well, but break their ankles
>all too easily.  Turkey is great at thanksgiving, but, left to themselves,
>they would die, since they are no longer physically able to breed.

www.PatchworkFibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep