[Jacob-list] Modern Jacobs

Chovhani melanie.boxall at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 8 12:48:24 EST 2000

We breed turkeys, including "commercial" ones (white). There are two
commercial breeds that have problems mating, the broad-breasted white, and
the broad-breasted bronze. However it is only the Toms that have problems.
We run white hens with our Red Bourbon Tom and they do the deed just fine.
There are a number of turkeys that are bred regularly by homesteaders and
poultry fanciers that would return to the wild at the drop of a hat. We had
one fly away about a year ago, and she's still in the area, because we've
heard her when we've been out walking the dogs.

Melanie
http://www.geocities.com/onionperogie

Let your ideas grow and worry not about what will
change, for change is the only constant in the universe.