[Jacob-list] Modern Jacobs

Sally Durbin durbins at tristate.edu
Fri Dec 8 08:27:49 EST 2000

I will just add one note -- I think you could both be O.K. with
your feelings on genetics -- that's what makes it great.
To keep some of the traditional looks and add in some other
positives makes a genetic pool for all parties to choose the
type of Jacobs they breed.  I have been in the cattle business
for years and watched the "trends" come and go -- so I tend
to hold off on the "new" looks just for the show ring -- I
have seen the good and the bad it brings.  I am surely enjoying
all the comments and stories on the Jacob list here as I
further my knowledge of the breed and it's breeders.

So -- it is great that some will strive for a traditional jacob
and others strive for improvement.

Sally