[Jacob-list] Broken Leg

MView16 at aol.com MView16 at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 19:06:12 EST 2000

Hi Bonnie,

I had a beautiful Shetland ewe who managed to break a back leg.  My vet put
her in a big cast made of a lightweight material which was applied in strips
and hardened quickly.  That ewe dragged her cast around and never missed a
beat.  When we removed it, she was perfect.  My vet said that smaller sheep
with scrappy personalities  are much more successful patients.  According to
her, they are more agile and determined to survive.  The whole process cost
me about $160, and I definitely think it was worth it.

Good Luck,
Jeanne Massey