[Jacob-list] Hescock flock

iseespots iseespots at email.msn.com
Thu Dec 7 12:34:09 EST 2000

Hi Edd,

Good point about the color of the fleece contrasts.  I have been surprised
with the stark contrast in black and white with the pictures that have been
sent to the JRP of sheep in the Northwest where the sun doesn't shine as
much as I am used to here in the SE.  There is certainly a difference
between a heritably darker fleece (less sunbleaching) versus one that does
not hold it's color in the same flock under the same living conditions.  I
didn't get my hands in her animals (you know that KILLED me!), so I cannot
comment on the handle.  She had a few in the barn that I looked at, and my
memory was saying they were finely crimped and what I love in a fleece
(which many of yours are/were the same, Edd).  I would be happier not
trusting to my memory and sticking my hands in there though.

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, Shetland Sheep,
and German Angora Rabbits, colored German Angora crosses.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.