[Jacob-list] Broken Leg

2512 at nethawk.com 2512 at nethawk.com
Thu Dec 7 18:04:00 EST 2000

Had sad news went we went out to do chores.  One of our ewes broke her front
leg.  I think she may have got it caught or something but it is hanging
limp, looks like she broke it in the shoulder, I don't think it can be set.
She is eating and acting like she is going to live, she must be in pain but
she isn't grinding her teeth or acting any different. She has been bred and
we don't want to put her down if we don't have to.   Has any one ever had
experience with this with their sheep?  If it was a ram I wouldn't have much
problem taking him in to be butchered, but this is such a sweet ewe.  Really
bums me out :(
Bonnie Sutten
Sheepy Thyme Farm
Edmore, MI