[Jacob-list] Hescock flock

Edd Bissell bissell at usit.net
Thu Dec 7 09:27:38 EST 2000

>When you look at a flock that has been close genetically, you will get an
>overall "look" of uniformity.
>The Hescock flock I saw this past summer has a uniform "flock look", but has
>individuals that are quite diverse in their individual traits displayed.
>
>Mary Ellen
============

Did you see the flock wool wise different than my flock??  To me her flock
was definate BLACK and WHITE wooled flock - no bleeding, very little sun
bleaching on the tips, MUCH longer fleeces, -  But when I saw then the first
time I was immediately struck with the absolute black and white coloration -

===
      Edd Bissell = Hidden View Farm = Rare and Primitive Breed Animals
Scottish Blackface=Jacob=Barbados=Texas Dall=Navajo-Churro=Churro Hairsheep
     ====Tennessee Nervous Meat Goats =  = Great Pyrenees LGDs=====
                  = eddbissell.com = 423-475-4844 =
         1435 Collins Road - New Market, Tennessee U.S.A. 37820