[Jacob-list] ram sharing

Royal Unzicker runzicker at erols.com
Mon Dec 4 12:10:17 EST 2000

Hi,
One more thought on sharing a ram.   I do not like to bring sheep onto my property from breeders I do not know well.  I also do like to help other breeders.   I do keep any number of ram lambs each year to see how they will turn out.  Usually I have several left that did not sell.  I will allow someone to use a ram lamb if they pay for the registration fee.  When they are done with him, he goes directly to the butcher.  It seems to work well for people with just a few ewes who do not wish to buy a ram.   I help them develop their flock, they fed my ram for several months, I get the meat and the pelt.  Seems to help both of us.  Must confess, I do wonder how many of them might have bought a ram from me if I had refused to loan them one.
30 some days till lambing starts!   Crafts Lobelia and Haycock Maude are both due on Jan 4th. Can't wait!
Royal