[Jacob-list] 20 plus years

Edd Bissell bissell at usit.net
Fri Aug 11 08:08:45 EDT 2000

Well, Patrice, with help on transportation from Mary Ellen, left yesterday
afternoon with 25 Jacobs - the last of what I consider some very primitive
Jacobs. First time since buying property that I do not have Jacobs - the
very first breed of "purebred" sheep I ever had.  Did have a little thoughts
of why did I do it but am very pleased with Patrice and her desire and
ability to sort of keep them close to as is.  She to me got at least 6 or 7
VERY nice ewes - they do lack the improved look as most of todays Jacobs
seem to have but look just like what I started off with some 20 years ago.
Mary Ellen seemed pleased and actually said some of the ewes have very nice
wool.  A great start for Patrice on some very primitive Jacobs with GREAT
horns and a satisfaction to me that 23-24 years of breeding are going to
someone who shares some of the same ideas and ideals on the breed itself.

00000
      Edd Bissell = Hidden View Farm = Rare and Primitive Breed Animals
Scottish Blackface=Jacob=Barbados=Texas Dall=Navajo-Churro=Churro Hairsheep
     ====Tennessee Nervous Meat Goats =  = Great Pyrenees LGDs=====
                  = bissell at usit.net = 423-475-4844 =
         1435 Collins Road - New Market, Tennessee U.S.A. 37820