[Jacob-list] Apple Pressings as Feed

Wolfpen wolfpen at rabun.net
Fri Aug 11 08:01:52 EDT 2000

In my copy of "Feeds and Feeding" by Morrison, it mentions wet apple pomace as
the byproduct when the juice is expressed from apples. It says it may be fed
fresh, ensiled or dried.  Ensiled it is similiar to corn silage and dried is
similiar to beet pulp.  It doesn't mention anything about the yeast content.

Has anyone ever tried to make silage?  I've read the directions, but it looks
like there is too much room for error.

Linda