[Jacob-list] Wool differences between primitive and imports

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Fri Apr 28 13:41:13 EDT 2000

Mary Ellen -

I would be happy to help incorporate the project.  I have incorporated over
two dozen non-profits in the last decade, and if you need someone to run
with this, I'd be happy to.

It would be a two-step process:  1st, the project is incorporated in a
particular state; 2nd, after it has received state approval, one applies for
a federal 501(c)(3) designation through the Brooklyn IRS office.  Such
designation is effective 18 months retroactively from the time of approval.

State fees usually run about $40; the IRS designation, which lasts forever,
runs about $265.  Perhaps JSBA and JSC would split the cost of incorporating
the project?

In spite of what many will tell you about the difficulties in doing this,
once you've done one, you can do more - -most of the language is fairly
straight bolier-plate.

thom