[Jacob-list] wide horns

Sugar Hill Farm sugarhil at northland.lib.mi.us
Fri Apr 28 10:28:00 EDT 2000

Hi all,

I have one ram that has a mane and hair-like strip down his back, but no
kemp in the lower rear.  He sheds this mane in the spring if I don't get him
sheared first.  This isn't a trait he tends to pass on, though.  I thought
this was a primitive trait regardless of what lines it comes from.  He is
Hatch and Hardy lines.

By the way, I also have a line that sheds all tail wool in the spring.  This
ewe passes it on to all her offspring.

Marcia
Sugar Hill Farm, Heritage Livestock
Jacob & Shetland sheep, American Bashkir Curly horses, Appaloosa horses,
Delaware chickens