[Jacob-list] wide horns

edd bissell bissell at usit.net
Thu Apr 27 16:59:29 EDT 2000

> He also has a
> "mane" around his neck which I thought was a primitive trait.  Perhaps Edd
> can verify
> this.
>
>                                                 Mary

Neck mane is an interesting subject - Luther and I have talked about it in
the past and have noticed quiet a bit of it thru the years.  BUT we think it
came in with the English Imports!!!!   I never remember seeing it in the old
days - or maybe we just never noticed it [but I doubt that!!]   You saw
quiet a bit with the Hescock stock -  and even some with some of the ewes -
just a little here and there.   and it seems to show up in the older more
mature rams.