[Jacob-list] Downsizing

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at jnlk.com
Wed Apr 26 06:05:37 EDT 2000

Maybe the reason for the downsizing is age.  It creeps up on us slowly.  We want to have the time to pursue other fiber related avenues.  there are so many beautiful Jacob out there that it isn't as necessary to preserve everyone.  Costs have also risen drastically.  We will be offering beginner flock groups of several lines so new breeders have a good start.  With the longevity of a Jacob those over 5 are just in there prime.  We have found once a ewe is 5 or over she will have triplets.  this has proved out in all 4 ov our lines.  Yes, we do have several beautiful 4-H rams in lines that are not directly related to Samuel.  Glad to hear he worked out well for you.  The "S" line is really producing lovely handspinning fleeces.  We started out with just the "J" line and this has been bred and developed in to all our lines.
We will look forward to see you in Md.  the rams are still young so we won't be bringin many to Md.  Just pictures.  Not sure if we can get the mechanics perfected to put them online.
Edie, Joy Farm, N.J.