[Jacob-list] Dark Ewe

WenlochFrm at aol.com WenlochFrm at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 10:55:03 EDT 2000

In a message dated 4/25/00 10:19:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com writes:

>   She always has thrown flashy lambs with lots of spots.

That's what I have found the case to be with my dark ewes, too. Usually lots
of spots and carried well back on the hindquarters. On the other hand, I have
to be careful who I breed my lighter ewes to as they have a tendency to
produce much less spotting, or poor spotting patterns, especially on the rear
half of the body. I'm curious to know the experience others have had in
regard to spotting and patterns.

Joan Franklin