[Jacob-list] sending off wool to be spun

Dan Kennedy dankennedy at attcanada.net
Mon Apr 24 09:05:44 EDT 2000

Mini Mills here in PEI will do small quantities although 20 lbs may be a bit
too small.      They are primarily manufacturers of the mill machinery but
have started doing custom orders as well.      Unlike our other mill
MacAusland's, Mini Mills will guarantee your own wool back regardless of
quantity.       MacAuslands has a minimum amount before they can guarantee
the same wool back.      It's a matter of setting up the machines for small
quantities.       Mini Mills just obtained 150 lbs of Jacob wool from me to
use for in demonstrations of their equipment and for training operators.
Their price is $10 per lb of finished yarn.      Just to clarify, that means
that if you send enough raw wool to make 10lbs of yarn, the total cost would
be $100.      Obviously that's in Cdn funds.      I believe that they may
also charge something extra for washing the wool.
I have two phone no.'s for them 902 659-2430 and 902 659-2202.      I have
to deliver a lamb to them later this week and I'll see what else I can find
out.      If any of the people who are picking up sheep from me in the next
while would like I can almost certainly arrange a quick tour of the mill,
it's not very big and I know the owners.      It is interesting to see, at
present they main mill is processing Musk Ox undercoat.      It's so light
that the only thing that I can compare it to is chinchilla.
Dan Kennedy
Killorglin Farm
Prince Edward Island
Jacob & Dorset Horn Sheep