[Jacob-list] Question about a white lamb

Heather Hettick hettick.1 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 17 10:33:34 EDT 2000

What might having an all white lamb say about the "purity" of my sheep?  I
think he may be albino, but he has dark blue eyes.  He otherwise looks and
acts like a normal jacob and I know he can't be registered, but is this
something that can happen in relatively pure jacob flocks or is it a sign of
cross breeding?  His mother is a ewe who is heavily freckled and seems to
produce at least some freckling on her lambs - usually visible in the first
year.  This little guy has no color, spots or freckles at all, although he
is only 3 weeks old.

All my adult sheep are JSBA registered.  If they were JSC, would a white
lamb disqualify one or both of his parents?

Heather Hettick - Moonstruck Jacob Sheep
OSU ATI
Hettick.1 at osu.edu