Rastream flow option problem, FreeBSD and OS X?

Pete McKenna pete.mckenna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 23:48:44 EDT 2015

I'm using Argus on FreeBSD 10.1 and have the latest ports update, version
3.0.8. I get no errors when building, and most features seem just fine, but
I'd like to use rastream -M flow "filter" option, and I get no output and
no errors when I run this command on a file. It does not matter if I am
writing to stdout or a file, nothing happens. Using -M time does work as
expected. I don't believe the clients were built with debug, I get nothing
when using -D 8 on rastream.

I also noticed that the man page for rastream details using flow, but the
-h help does not mention a flow option at all. I'd appreciate any thoughts.

I'll try and recompile with debug, is this an option to configure?

command I'd like to run is like this:
rastream -r ../BPM_test_Cap.arg -M flow "icmp and net 10.0.0.0/23" -w - |
ra -r -

The behavior is the same on OS X 10.7.5 also with the 3.0.8 clients. I have
tried using -X to clear any .rarc complications, there is no change.

Thanks

Pete