Error Starting Argus Daemon

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Jan 25 10:57:21 EST 2013

Hey Neal,
That is much better, although still perplexing.  The " ArgusShutDown(SIGHUP) ", is
a problem, and figuring that out is the next step.

Are you happy to run gdb() on this to see what is up?  If so, compiling argus with the
required debugging symbols, demands another recompile.  In the argus distribution
root directory:

   % make clobber
   % touch .devel
   % ./configure
   % make

Then starting argus in gdb() and setting it up, involves:

   % sudo gdb bin/argus
   (gdb) break ArgusShutDown
   (gdb) run -X
   Starting program: /Volumes/Users/carter/argus/argus/bin/argus -X

   Breakpoint 1, ArgusShutDown (…..
   (gdb)

When it breaks, I need to know where argus is, when it generates, the error, …, so:

   (gdb) where

If I can get the printout, that will help a great deal.