Using Argus to generate daily stats in OpenWrt

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 19:09:30 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I've installed OpenWrt on my WiFi router and now I'm looking for a way to
generate network statistics for the ADSL connection. The ADSL connection is
through a separate router, so generating the statistics should be a simple
matter of processing the packets passing through the WAN0 interface. Daily
statistics I would like to generate include:

 - Total inbound and outbound data
 - Inbound and outbound data per local IP address/port/protocol (TCP/UDP)
 - Inbound and outbound data per remote IP address/port/protocol (TCP/UDP)
 - Inbound and outbound data per unique local IP/Remote IP/port/protocol
(TCP/UDP)
 - Average inbound and outbound throughput per 5 minute interval (total
bytes/second)

Two questions
 - Is Argus the right solution?
 - How hard will it be to get Argus running in OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment?

Thanks,

Graeme