Database design concerns

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Oct 31 10:14:03 EDT 2012

Hey Mark,
I'm very interested in doing more client efforts, and making it available.
We have a few efforts that either are doing a GUI, or have a GUI, or something
that looks like it could be a GUI, but they are doing lots of different things.

Rather that describing a GUI and developing it, I've been very silent on this
topic, because there is so much one can do, and GUIs are pretty demanding
efforts, if you do it right.

If we can come up with some specific goals, I will be very happy to get involved
and make a go at an official Argus GUI.

The project needs archive establishment, management and ops and status
for the complete chain of sensors to archive.  I imagine that we need an analytics
manager for starting, and maintaining streaming analytics as well as periodic
archive analytic management.

But we have projects like Isis, from Stanford, and Tiet that have GUIs or images
that are interesting, and the obvious social network presentations, like AfterGlow
did, that would make the GUI powerful.  We have the idea's coming from Gloriad,
where they have an Earth with ballistic arc's for activity, and there are forensics
analytics like the Cube.  Lots of things to think about.

Carter