rasqlinsert.c and etc in clients-3.0.5.36

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Tue Mar 27 13:43:08 EDT 2012

Hi-

in argus-clients-3.0.5.36, examples/ramysql/rasqlinsert.c fails to
compile on a FreeBSD system with an error at line 7034. It looks like
member RaTmStruct of struct ArgusParserStruct has changed from
a "struct tm *" to a "struct tm" recently, and so passing the address,
i.e.

   ArgusCheckTimeFormat (&ArgusParser->RaTmStruct, ...
instead of
   ArgusCheckTimeFormat (ArgusParser->RaTmStruct, ...

removes the syntax error and allows it to compile.  Not sure if there
are other ramifications. I don't know that this is operationally
significant but I thought I'd report it since it does cause the
compilation process to abort.

Also, something has gone awry with some of the man pages, e.g.
racluster(1); The sample invocations at the end are all gibberish now,
both on a recent Arch Linux system and on a FreeBSD system, whereas they
were quite clear in the 3.0.5.34 install. Is it just me?  I see
a few roff commands added (.ft CW, .ps 6, .vs 6) but it looks like
the ".vs 6" is what has done it to me.

Yours,
-mm-