Radium and Netflow Can the traffic flow thorugh

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Mar 22 11:05:03 EDT 2012

Hey Dave,
Radium doesn't transmit flow records using the Netflow® transport protocol
so the argus-clients aren't going to do it for you.

You can have as many listeners on these ports as you would like, so you
don't need a tee to get two threads on a single machine to read the same
netflow data.  The ra* programs don't open those ports for exclusive read
so ra* and other netflow programs should be able to co-exist.

If you want to transport the raw stream to multiple machines, or machines
across the world, then there are a number of things you could do.

As a networking guy, I would suggest that you get your router to multicast
the netflow stream and then use the routers own multicast distribution
mechanisms to distribute the netflow traffic to where you want it to go.

But if you want to just have a tee like capability, maybe tcpdump is a possibility?
I haven't done this, but doesn't tcpdump have a remote capture capability, and
also the ability to write packets back onto a wire?

Carter