argus-3.0.4 release eminent

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Mar 10 07:18:51 EST 2011

Gentle people,
If there are no objections, I'll be releasing argus-3.0.4 and its clients
tomorrow (Friday Mar 11).  I've made a lot of changes to the web site
getting ready, such as documentation changes, official man pages on
the web site, updates to the FAQ, etc.....

The biggest changes for 3.0.4 is enhanced multi-threaded support, new
interface specification in the /etc/argus.conf, richer wirelss monitoring
support, argus events, UDP transport and native multicast transport of
flow records.  And of course a very large number of bugs.

Client support includes major improvements and modifications to ratop(),
re-introduction of ragrep(), new URL specifications for "-w " options,
enhanced database functionality, the addition of raservices() and
rauserdata() for processing/analyzing user data buffers, raconvert() to
change ascii text to argus binary records, and a full set of man pages.

If there is anything that you would like to see changed/modified/improved
on/thrown away/whatever, please consider now a good time to holler.

Thanks for all the effort and support !!!!!!