raxml help

tbh tbh1000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:26:56 EST 2008

Thanks for the quick reply! Doh! Not sure why I missed the -M xml
option! I'll play with that a bit and see how it works.

As for the best way to present the data, I'm certainly open to
suggestions. Perhaps a simpler solution is to output the data to csv
and import it into Excel/Access. Currently, (and I'll reiterate my
newbie status) I'm using rasplit to break my output file into multiple
files based on 1 hour increments (it seems to improve the performance
when I pull data instead of using the -t time option). To pull
toptalkers, I use:

racluster -r /usr/local/argus/argus-eth0<time value> -M norep -w - --
ip | rasort -m bytes -w - | ra -nn  -N 25 -s bytes:20 daddr dport
dbytes:20 trans:10 saddr sport sbytes:20

The output gives me the top 25 talkers. If I were to include -F
excel.rc in the ra command, that should output the data as a csv.
Something like:

racluster -r /usr/local/argus/argus-eth0<time value> -M norep -w - --
ip | rasort -m bytes -w - | ra -F excel.rc -nn  -N 25 -s bytes:20
daddr dport dbytes:20 trans:10 saddr sport sbytes:20 > top25.csv

Out of curiousity (and sort of thinking out loud) is there a -s ALL
option? Or would I need to add each field separately?

Anyways, I should then be able to pull the top25.csv file into Excel
and massage the data into charts/graphs. Or, is there a better
(simpler) way?

Thanks again!
tbh