raxml help

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Jan 23 13:38:46 EST 2008

Hey Tbh,
The xml support is embedded in all the ra* programs now.
The "-M xml" option will generate xml output, but ......
the support is not yet complete.  raxml() would print out
the entire argus record content, the new scheme is designed
to use the "-s field ..." option to specify what data would
be printed.  Because of these changes,  the schema needs
to be updated.  If you are interested in the xml data output,
please give it a try and send comments on what is missing
or how we could do it better.

I don't think xml will provide you any better support than
just a report or table output, like ratop() provides, if you're
problem is communicating network concepts like top talkers,
service utilization, etc...   You will need to think about graphing,
and viz methods for showing some data types, but xml on its
own, will not do anything for you.

Please keep this dialog up on the list if you're interested in
finding the best way to present certain types of data.  I
think the discussion will help me and the argus community
a great deal.

For TopN talkers,  isn't a table with the talker id,, in some
order of topness, and the metrics of interest a good start?

Carter