PF ring support in argus

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Oct 12 11:11:59 EDT 2007

Gentle people,
So, we don't really need to do anything in argus, as it seems
to be driven by environment variables (assuming your using
the shared library strategy).  But that doesn't sound very
elegant.

So I can add to argus.conf:

    ARGUS_ENV="name=value"

And we can allow for any environment variable to be set?
Is this dangerous?  I'm thinking that its pretty benign, as long
as we're careful on buffer overflow etc...., but it also would be
trivial to allow only specific environment variables?  I'm sure
that someone will think that its dangerous, but in the
Bell-Lapadula scheme of things, it probably is not a real issue.

Comments?

Carter