PF ring support in argus

Jason Ish ish at unx.ca
Fri Oct 12 10:39:20 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 10:32:36AM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Peter,
> Ok, I'll take a look to see what I need to do.  If we need to add a
> parameter,
> would it be reasonable to put it just in the argus.conf, or will we
> need a
> command line option?

The most basic way to active the mmap ring is to set the PCAP_FRAMES
environment variable.  If that is not set, I believe it falls back to
normal pcap methods.

There are other variables as well that replace some normal tcpdump
style command line options which are covered in README.ring from the
mmap pcap distribution.

-- Jason