radium: information in argus.log lost after restart

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Feb 14 16:33:39 EST 2007

Hey Wolfgang,
Sounds like radium() is having problems restarting?
Do you have an messages in /var/log/messages from the radium
process?  If its being rejected by the remote servers, messages
will be there.   Radium, if its shutdown properly, will do the right
thing with its sockets, at least that is the design.

Radium doesn't have any sense of the data that is in its output file,
so it can't "throw away old information", but it could possibly corrupt
the output file, somehow.   If radium is corrupting the file, if you can
send me a copy of it, or anything like it, I'll be glad to figure out
how
to read it.

Carter