radium: information in argus.log lost after restart

Wolfgang Barth wob at swobspace.de
Mon Feb 12 14:23:14 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with radium (3.0.0.rc.39 and older):
radium reads input data from severe distributed argus daemons. After reboot
the hosts running argus, radium didn't collect no more data. This may be a
side effect from firewalling with iptables and connection tracking (it can
only works, if radium would close the connection and reopen it).

As a work around I'm restarting radium (without saving argus.log to my
archive). argus.log has after restarting radium the same size, but I cannot
access information in argus.log before restart.

It seems to be a bug for me. If radium should throw away old information,
why the size of argus.log is unchanged? But if the size is unchanged and
argus.log contains information before restarting radium, why I cannot acces
this information (ra, rasplit, all the same behavior)?

wob
--
<wob (at) swobspace de> * http://www.swobspace.de