argus-3.0 status - looking much better

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jun 19 10:21:23 EDT 2006

Hey Robin,
    Several things.  The "-a" option, should be '-A'.   The -a option
requires
a parameter (that's why you're getting a filter error), and the -A
option doesn't
so its more appropriate as a simple flag.   Now, of course the
documentation
and the code have to be updated to support that, so, currently the -A
option
doesn't work.   I'll update the man pages and put the code back.

    Ragraph.  This is an rrd error, so its possible that rrd.pm has
changed?
What version of rrdtool are you using?   I'm using rrdtool-1.2.13.

    The default timestamp for argus-2.0 was "%d %b %y %T", which causes
column parsing problems, as our default field separator is a space.
argus-3.0
is using "%T", and if the precision is set to > 0, we'll put the
fractional part
of the time (recommended).   I took out the date part, because the
column
gets  big really fast, but that may take away from the utility tooooo
much.

    So how about "%Y/%m/%d.%T" as the default?

Carter

Carter Bullard
CEO/President
QoSient, LLC